I am crazy for candles. As in C-R-A-Z-Y! I love the peace and beauty they bring me, so I supposed that’s why I have over 100 different candle holders in all different shapes and sizes. (I have so many because I used to sell candles.) When I throw a party or have guests over, I love to burn them al at the same time. Perhaps even a friend of mine caught fire on one of my outdoor candles, but that is a story for another time. A few months ago I spotted Enjoy Lighting flameless candles at my local Target store, and I knew instantly I had to try them out. Since my step-children aren’t fans of my candle burning, I knew I had to find a way to enjoy the calming and warm atmosphere of candlelight without frightening them, and Enjoy Lighting Flameless candles are the answer.
Here are 5 reasons why you should try Flameless Candles:
- Cleanliness – These candles are totally clean. You’ll never have black soot on your ceilings again. And, no more melted wax spills on your furniture or carpet!
- Convenience – No need for hurricane shades (unless you want to!), because these candles won’t get blown out when you use them used outdoors. Some candles, like the ones I received, include a built-in timer allowing the candle to turn on and off when you want it to.
- Cost – While a traditional wicked candle can burn out in hours or days, Enjoy Lighting flameless candles will last for years. The LED lamp will operate for up to 10 years or 100,000 hours and a set of batteries can provide at least 300 hours of battery life. With just the minimal cost of replacing batteries, flameless candles offer a 75% annual savings when compared to purchasing traditional wicked candles.
- Décor – You can use flameless candles in areas where wicked candles can’t go – in a floral arrangement, near curtains, drapes or other flamable materials, on book shelves, or in children’s bedrooms. Enjoy Lighting flameless candles even provide the look of traditional candles with real their wax, realistic flickering effect, textures and light fragrances and colors. If you work in an office, you may want to consider even decorating your cubicle or office with them.
- Safety – You’ll never have to worry about forgetting to blow out your candles again. Did you know traditional wicked candles cause over 15,000 house fires each year? With these flameless candles, there isn’t a fire risk if a candle is knocked over or placed too close to a curtains or furniture. Flameless candles are 100% safe around children and pets.
The candles I received are absolutely fabulous and look like real candles, since they are made of wax. They produce multiple points of randomly shifting light, creating a glow that flickers, rolls, and casts dancing shadows, just like a real candle flame! When I showed my stepson the candles he thought they were real & I actually had to show him the batteries underneath to prove to him it was safe and he couldn’t catch on fire. The top of the candle looks like burned candle wax due to its uneven nature. Enjoy Lighting Flameless candles come in a variety of colors and textures–smooth, distressed, glacier and mottled. These candles are so cool and I’m thrilled to announce I’m giving away 2 candles to one lucky winner.
To find out where these candles are sold so you can buy your own, please visit Enjoy Lighting.
ENJOY FLAMELESS CANDLES GIVEAWAY
**Open to US & Canadian residents only.
**No P.O. boxes, please.
**Must include your email in your comment, unless you signed in to leave a comment with your “real” email.
**All comments must be separate to count as separate entries. For example, if you follow me on Facebook and Twitter, leave 2 comments, one with your Facebook name, and one with your Twitter name. Or, if you posted about the giveaway on your blog, leave 5 comments, all with the link to your giveaway.
HOW TO ENTER:
Mandatory Entry: Visit Enjoy Lighting and tell me which 2 candles would you pick if you won this giveaway and why you’d pick them.
+1 ENTRY: ”Like” Enjoy Lighting on Facebook.
+1 MORE ENTRY: Follow Enjoy Lighting on Twitter.
+1 ENTRY: Follow me on Facebook.
+1 MORE ENTRY: Follow me on Facebook and share a link on your wall with the following comment “I entered The Girl from the Ghetto’s Enjoy Lighting flameless candles giveaway here http://bit.ly/fCP5Ys.” Make sure to leave a comment below with a link to your Facebook profile or with your Facebook name.
+1 MORE ENTRY: Follow me on Twitter
+1 MORE ENTRY: Follow me on Twitter and tweet the following “RT @NerdGirlBlogger I entered the @EnjoyFlameless candles Giveaway here http://bit.ly/fCP5Ys.” You can tweet twice a day for even more chances to win. Make sure to leave a link to your tweet in a comment below.
+1 MORE ENTRY: Comment here and tell me why you need to win this giveaway! Do you enjoy candles, decorating your home, or do you just love winning free stuff?
+5 MORE ENTRIES: Write about this giveaway on your own blog. Make sure to post a link to this giveaway and leave me 5 copies of your link via comment here.
Contest ends Monday, January 31, 2011 at midnight. Good luck to you all!