Imagine the shock I felt when I was reading my EW Magazine today, and on page 11, there it was … the Gosselins and their Hawaiian wedding photo. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, they have invaded my favorite magazine, which is not a tabloid, but a magazine dedicated to all things entertainment and pop culture! Frak! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs, but since I was trying to relax my faux garden, I just couldn’t go ghetto. I’ve been desperately trying to ignore them, avoiding my old posts all weekend and not buying a ticket to Kate’s event this week in my home state. I didn’t call in to Nancy Grace to debate them this past weekend, nor did I buy that US Magazine like I planned.
There is so many better articles in this magazine, and I want to share them with you, rather than focus on that one little page. For instance, I had no idea that Natalie Portman has started her own website and she is also producing films. Man, how cool is that? She’s smart, beautiful, talented, and now even she has a website … which is not about her? How much can I have a fake crush on her? The website is www.MakingOf.com, and its all about movies and the behind the scenes aspect of film making. I visited a few minutes and found it interesting enough to bookmark it. I’ve been following her since she was in Beautiful Girls. Its good, go rent it.
Also, who knew that Diablo Cody, former blogger, and current fantastic writer whose life and academy award I covet, has been paying as close attention to Twitter and Daisy of Love as I have? (After giving up all magazines last year in a deperate attempt to save money, I caved and renewed my EW subscription a few weeks back that I had had since the magazine’s first year. So, I missed all of her ROL rantings!) I am cracking up because I, too, was disgusted by the #Swineflu hashtag on Twitter. I think it would be fun to meet her, and I appreciated the fact that this cool writer was a little reserved on Chelsea Lately a few weeks back because to me it appeared that she was a tiny bit nervous. If it were me on CL, I’d be terrified, because Chelsea Handler and her round table made up of staff and commedians such as Heather “Long boobs” McDonald are constantly kicking out one liners during the entire show. If you’ve never watched Chelsea Lately on E @ 11:00pm, then do so tonight. Its friggin hysterical and the type of show you can’t miss even thirty seconds of. Even her webpage is fun. http://www.eonline.com/on/shows/chelsea/index.jsp
Chelsea Handler is exactly the type of person I always wanted to be but was never slutty enough to pull it off. (Well, I was never slutty at all…) But I digress….
Did anyone watch The Real Housewives of New Jersey? Oh, boy, it was on as background noise last night, and I’m laughing to read about it today in EW. I think I’m going to pass on watching it faithfully each week, but if I catch it, I’ll watch again. I do miss The Sopranos, and need a little reminder of why Jersey is so fun to be a part of every now and again.
Best pages in EW magazine were pages 47 and 52, where you can find EW’s Fauxbituary for Daniel Faraday. Yes, he died, but is he dead dead, or just island dead for now? LOST folks we have two days until the TWO HOUR SEASON FINALE. 9-11 pm, get your dvrs ready! And, then, just one more season left of our precious show. This reminds me I saw that Ace of Cakes show this weekend, and they did the LOST cake for their 100th episode party. The cake gang was all geeked, they got to go to the party, and the actor who plays Sawyer (I saw this, because, when I adore a character on tv so much, there is no need to give his real name, who cares, on screen is what matters!) was pretending to drink the cake Dharma beer cans and took a big bite out of it. These LOSTIES were taking pictures of the cake and congratulating the bakers, it was really cool to see them outside of the show.
And, a quick wrap up of all the things I want to say about other tv shows:
- How freaky is it that House made up the whole sleeping with Cutty thing? And yeah, Kal Penn was back for a slit second.
- I keep wondering why Wilson has a poster of Ordinary People in his office, will someone post why here? No strength to look it up on my own.
- I’m sadly disapointed by the season finale of Scrubs last week. They needed a better finale, but I do understand that its not clear it was the last episode or not. Still, come on Bill Lawrence! I’ve loved this show since the beginning, and you just can’t take away Turk and J.D. away from me like that!
- I’m surprised that Parks and Recreation is coming back next season. Anyone else out there understand how its not funny but still airing?
- Joel McHale has a new show coming out next season called Community. Yeah, love him!
- I’m not assamed to say that even though I have enjoyed Jay Leno, I do not want like sixteen hours of late night shows. I’m already busy watching E!
- Constantine has the best quote in EW – His hair secret – “You just let it dry – and let it rock!” Dear lord, that is some funny shit.
- This is why I need to live in London:
Pink, you need to do Hey Jude as a cover!
Share if you care: